Friday, April 26, 2013

Entry 2. Hunting lessons.

And two more days passed.

Sith fencing technique in nothing similar I was taught in my past. Not only they are using Force to empower body in fight, but there is much more. Some use Force altering energy of a weapon to produce different effects. Others intertwine fencing and use of different Force powers into one set of moves that lead to devastating effect on target.

Lord Samus oversaw my studies of k'lor'slugs and my training. He helped me perfect a few different moves that extremely effective against these creatures. Then he lectured us on nature of a hunt.

Hunt, when viewed from Force-user standpoint, in essence is a bond. A bond between two different creatures. While most of the time hunter is aggressor and hunted is a victim this bond is not the one Samus was explaining. On Korriban you probably will not find a creature that won't be glad to chew on a part of your anatomy. So the bond is between two hunters, trying to put each other down.

How one form a bond? It is direction and attention. When you watch something closely planing in your mind to kill it you preform this bonding. K'lor'slugs, in their turn, learn to observe hunter too, but as species, not as single critter.

My reflection on hunting approved Lord Samus' words. Indeed, I got more familiar with these creatures. After a certain amount of kills I knew when it will try to hit me with upper legs, although this nothing to do with the Force - I can see creature pausing before hit (actually, this one expose them to my flank move). But tail attack was surprise for me at first. Now I can feel when k'lor'slug is going to preform one. More then that, I can certainly sense when they are going to surface nearby.

K'lor'slug react to me too. After I kill a few in the same area they can appear not in usual pair, but in triplet. I had a feeling that somehow they start to sense danger I represent. Lord Samus confirmed my suspicions and advised to change position more often. He told us that animals in general are sensitive to Force-users. While more experienced Sith can hide their presence to different degree, we only learn to manipulate amount of presence we represent in the Force.

This technique is polar in structure - on one maximum you are hypothetically invisible to anything at all, since Force is the universe, on the other you fill everything with your presence. But we start in theoretical midpoint having mundane presence that is slightly modified by ability to use Force. Some masters of this technique, especially those who follow path of deception, can manipulate their surroundings to be virtually invisible. Other make their presence felt so vividly that enemies flee them.

After some consideration I decided to train on empowerment of my presence. Lord Samus helped me to understand how better draw on the Force to make my enemies feel confusion and uncertainty. He also mentioned that some creatures will not fall victim to this trick and that we should understand one thing: there is no separate actions in the Force. Every technique you use connected to qualities of Force itself and characteristics of surroundings. Those should be considered before action. He promised to tell us more on this subject later, as well as on topic of life force.

No comments:

Post a Comment